The competition aims to invite artists to come up with their NFT projects (ERC 721 and ERC721a) to launch the Telos EVM and then sell them on an NFT marketplace.
There are hundreds, thousands of blockchains. The number will continue to grow as blockchain technology is adopted and adapted to new use cases. Over time, there could be hundreds of thousands or even millions of channels, as are many computer networks in the world today. There are four main types of blockchain networks: public blockchain, private blockchain, consortium blockchain, and hybrid blockchain. Each of these platforms has its advantages, disadvantages and ideal uses. Public projects with their own “native” coins usually have their own blockchains. Examples are Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Zcash, Monero, Dogecoin, Decred, Horizen, DigiByte, Ravencoin, Tezos etc. These are all different blockchains. Private blockchains usually do not have tokens, as they are funded by the companies and their partners who run these chains to support their core businesses.
Many projects don’t run on their own blockchain, but on the one they’re built on, usually a smart contract platform. ERC-20 tokens, for example, run on Ethereum. These include BAT, Decentraland, ChainLink, DAI, USDC, Enjin, Aragon, etc. They all run on the public Ethereum blockchain. Promoting blockchains themselves (hackathons, competitions, incentives, etc.) becomes imperative to launch a community use, which is what Telos is doing with the NFT Challenge mission.
Telos Blockchain is a smart contract platform that provides compatibility with Solidity, Viper and native C++ smart contracts. Telos offers a zero-cost transaction path through low-cost full EVM/Solidity support, zero-enforced fixed gas fees and powerful native support for C++ smart contracts. Even operating as a net zero blockchain, Telos still sustainably supports hundreds of millions of transactions per day, generates blocks at 0.5 second intervals (first in, first out, eliminating front-end operations on the network) and securely validates transactions through a neutral, globally decentralized Producer Network.
Mission NFT Challenge
It is a contest for creators that offers a very attractive prize pool to be shared among the winners. Telos believes that NFTs are an art form and an important technology that should be easily affordable and accessible to the public. As such, Telos strives to facilitate the lowest barrier to entry in the emerging field of NFTs. By using Byt.io, the latest leading NFT marketplace to integrate with Telos, end users will be able to mint and trade their NFTs at unprecedentedly fast speeds while enjoying the lowest gas fees in the industry. Telos EVM will also provide a congestion-free minting experience with no carbon footprint or front-running/MEV that constantly harms Ethereum users.
Additionally, contract deployment is a fraction of the cost and significantly faster on Telos than virtually any other network, making it a superior ecosystem to rely on. Transactions on Telos are instant!
- The contest opened for entries on Monday, May 9, and entrants can submit their projects by Friday, June 24, at 12:00 pm EST.
- Public voting on submissions will take place between Monday, May 23, 12:00 PM EST and Thursday, June 30, 12:00 PM EST.
- Twenty finalists will be announced on Friday, July 1 at 12:00 pm EST and the top five winners will be selected and announced on Tuesday, July 5 at 11:00 am EST.
Telos encourages all aspiring digital artists and NFT projects to participate in this contest to win one of 5 prizes worth 25,000 TLOS. Additionally, a pick from The Big Gooey, Telos’ in-house NFT curator, will award one winner with an additional 50,000 TLOS.
- The competition and voting will be hosted on the Taikai platform (also built at Telos), which recently completed a very successful hackathon for the Telos Ignite competition. The public will vote on all submissions to select the top 20 projects, after which a panel of judges will decide on the top five.
- This premier NFT competition invites artists to bring their NFT projects (ERC 721) and place them on tEVM where they can be created for sale on BitMarket or other secondary markets.