Digital, a dynamic sector that offers multiple opportunities
The digital sector is experiencing strong growth, fueled by the increased digitalization needs of companies, which are looking for talent to meet the new expectations and spending patterns of their customers. According to the 6th edition of the Growth and Digital Barometer of the Digital Economy Association, ACSEL, digital contributes to the turnover of 51% of French businesses. This data is growing rapidly (+9 in 2022 vs. 2021), proof that digital represents a strategic and business-enhancing channel for all types of organizations, regardless of their size (VSEs, SMEs, ETIs, large groups, start-ups, associations , organizations, etc. and their scope of activity (health, luxury, construction, bancassurance, real estate, etc.).
All profiles of professions are open
Digital is also a constantly evolving sector. New technologies are constantly developing thanks to innovation, which offers great opportunities for those who plan to move or retrain in this field. Whether you’re creative by nature, with a technical profile, have an analytical mind, a more commercial or strategic streak, with an appetite for writing or data… there’s something for everyone! Technical skills, specific to each job, will be required. You can acquire them by following a training course, which allows you to become effective in a company quickly.
Working in Digital: Skills to Master in 2022
Several statuses to choose from to suit your lifestyle
Choosing a career on the web will bring you many benefits. In addition to benefiting from an attractive salary due to the strong current demand of companies, you are also free to choose the status that best suits your lifestyle and your expectations, if you prefer to develop as an employee, if you have an idea and you feel ready to launch your startup project. , or if you want to manage several clients independently. And you can easily switch from one to another, whichever career you choose. With the democratization of teleworking, you even have the possibility to combine business with pleasure, working while traveling, as it is commonly called. Digital nomads.
Salaries of Technology, Marketing and Design Professionals in 2022
To learn more about the many exciting careers that make up the digital landscape, we invite you to browse this panorama through 3 key areas of the sector:
This list is not complete. The purpose here is to give you a more specific understanding of the missions behind various job titles, to clarify certain designations that may seem somewhat off-putting to you at first glance.
Jobs in the technology industry
Technical profiles are at the heart of the digital ecosystem. Their role in organizations is essential, as they are involved in every stage of a product or service’s life cycle: from its design to its development, integration testing and various updates to meet users’ needs.
These professions are currently growing. A large number of careers are available depending on the specialization you want to go into: infrastructure and networks, web development, cloud computing, big data, data science, personal data protection, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence or robotics.
Here are some examples of flagship tech jobs, most sought after by employers:
- System and network administrators : He is the guarantor of the maintenance and proper functioning of a company’s computer network; He installs and manages infrastructure while ensuring network security.
- Cloud Engineer : It is responsible for storage, management, as well as secure access to a company’s data through remote servers located in data centers.
- Data Analyst (or Data Analyst): His mission is to create and model databases to facilitate their use and interpretation to help companies make business and strategic decisions.
- Data Protection Officer (DPO): The Data Protection Officer ensures the security and compliance of data used by an organization in compliance with the General Regulation (GDPR).
- Head of Information System Security (RSSI): His role is to define and implement his company’s IS security policy, protecting against risks associated with cyber attacks.
Digital marketing profession
Webmarketing encompasses many professions, which make it possible to set up and improve the various stages of the customer journey from a website or a mobile application, but also promote a brand and the values it stands for to consumers online. These professions have a business and ROI goal, as their goal is to increase the number of sales for a product or service, increase the number of visits to a site or application, or convert visits into sales, while taking care. Customer Relationships and Loyalty.
To achieve their goals, digital marketing professionals rely on various strategies, such as:
- CRM (Customer relationship documentsFor customer relationship management,
- seo : SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for natural reference, SEA (Search engine advertisingFor payment, SMO (Social media optimization) for SEO on social networks, and SEM (Search engine marketing) which combines all these practices,
- Commercial Emailing,
- membershipthat offers a product or service to another site for a fee,
- Digital advertising…
Webmarketing consists of diverse positions with rich and varied missions: from CRM consultantwhich advises companies on how to improve customer relationships, To the traffic manager (or web traffic manager), whose role is to optimize acquisition levers (referencing, affiliation, partnership, etc.) to bring visibility to his company or client’s site to increase his turnover, pass Content Managerwhich creates content to enhance a brand’s image and Community Manager, to improve Community Animation’s online reputation. beside him, SEO Manager Improves the content and functionality of a website or application to rank better in search results.
More obliquely, Digital Project Manager Acts as a true orchestra conductor, coordinating with various businesses to implement his organization’s digital strategy. To do this, it analyzes the actions performed to identify areas for improvement to apply to its future projects. Don’t get confused about roles Product Manager, which is responsible for designing products that adapt to the needs of customers and users through careful market monitoring. Note that too Growth Hacker It relies on various web marketing techniques mentioned above to contribute to the rapid growth of its business using as few resources as possible. as E-Commerce Manager (or webmarketing manager), who determines and implements digital strategies for commercial sites to generate more traffic and sales by building customer loyalty.
Web design profession
Most creative profiles usually gravitate towards web design and digital creation professions. Their role in web projects is as essential as that of developers and web marketing professionals, as these professions are at the heart of user experience. These design experts have several strings in their bow: in addition to identifying user needs and replicating them through pleasant and useful digital interfaces, they must be on the lookout for the latest trends, web development, its technical limitations, but also all its codes. and using
Here are examples of 4 professions that are most needed and valued by companies in digital manufacturing:
- UX Designer: He designs and improves digital experiences to meet users’ needs, which he would have previously identified using personas, surveys or interviews, conducting A/B tests or even based on analytics data.
- UI Designer: Its scope focuses on interface design to improve the user interface of digital media (navigation, path, content readability, etc.) while implementing a brand or company’s graphic charter.
- Motion Designer: He creates and animates 2D and 3D graphic elements from visual, text or sound, using movement, to obtain productions suitable for all media (music clips, commercials, presentation films, videos for social media…).
- Game Designer: He is at the core of a video game’s gameplay and works to make it as interesting as possible, from functionality to game rules, also considering all the interactions provided by the players.
- Art Director: Its work ranges from the definition of the visual identity of the product or service promoted in collaboration with the various professions associated with the project to the translation of its customers’ messages and needs through images.
Careers in Digital: Prospects for Development
By orienting yourself or starting a retraining project in the web profession, you increase your chances of finding your dream job. Many possibilities are available to you. Depending on the field and career you choose, you may start by training in all its specifics before considering a specialization. If the smallest structures look for a rather versatile profile, the largest groups will need more specialists in a technology or marketing technology, for example.
You may then advance to a position that brings you more responsibility, with team management at stake. Since digitalization affects all businesses, and the web involves continuous learning, new opportunities will be available to you, if you want to change jobs or sectors at any time, in order to find the way you thrive.
Despite this, if you still don’t feel completely satisfied, don’t panic! Faced with the current transformation of society and the impetus provided by inventions due to advances in artificial intelligence, robotics or even virtual reality, the digital landscape is developing infinitely. In a 2017 study, Dell and think tank Industry of the Future predicted that 85% of jobs in 2030 did not yet exist. If one can already be a data scientist, BIM manager or 3D printer, which remains a relatively recent occupation, other paths are still to be found: AI ethicist, sidedesigner, egoteller, robot monitor, or many current occupations. which can be transferred to a virtual universe such as the Metaverse.